Sunday, December 26, 2010

Australia city botanical gardens Brisbane and Cathedral

Here is the snapfish link to the Botanical gardens photos
This was on the day I enjoyed a long walk around the city by myself. Yes, it was safe. The Ibis are a large bird which I understand are an annoying critter around the city always begging for scraps and making large messes. But, they are pretty and I liked them. They are nesting in the palms and bamboo. Making a lot of noise and trying to attract a mate. The other birds were doing the same but are not in such large numbers. Nor so loud.  The gardens are beautiful and unique but nothing like the Denver Botanic Gardens. It was more like a very gorgeous park for strolling and biking through. It ran along the river and a bike and walking path ran along the river and a boardwalk as well. The gardens are free and open to the public like a public park, like the amazing swimming pool I posted about in the last post. Really a beautiful oasis in the city, also beautiful in it's own right.




 Grandfather Ibis. Not in the least flustered by my very close presence. Not so much as glanced my way.



Snapfish link to the Churches of Brisbane
I also visited several churches and cathedrals on that long walk. I saw the amazing St. John's cathedral which was so beautiful and awe inspiring with the organ hymns in this empty cavernous, ornate, stone cathedral. It was amazing and took my breath away. I don't really care for the organ in any other setting. I saw St. Andrews and All Saints Church and others. They were all old and beautiful. We usually visit a church on our trips around but as we traveled on both Sundays we missed this opportunity. I would have loved to visit a modern Evangelical worship service (my preference). I love churches. Old and new, plain and ornate. Church to me represents the magnificent Holiness and the continuous presence of God with us. A body unified in belief in the God of the Bible and the wonderful gift of salvation.  I love the church of God; church in the jungle, on the porch, in a white country church, a mega church, a humble church, high church, low church, modern church, traditional church, cathedrals and old stone chapels. God is with us and He is magnificent, He is mighty to save and he is for all people everywhere. So, I take pictures of churches and visit them. Here are some of my pictures.
 All Saints Unifying Church
 Ann Street Presbyterian
 King George Square Unifying Church

 St. Andrew's Anglican
below: St. John's Cathedral






Above: St. John's Cathedral. Anglican

No comments:

Take The 5 Love Languages profile with this widget

Keep on the Sunny Side

The Whites - Keep on the Sunny Side
(Depression Era song)

There's a dark & a troubled side of life
There's a bright, there's a sunny side, too
Tho' we meet with the darkness and strife
The sunny side we also may view

[cho:] Keep on the sunny side, always on the sunny side,
Keep on the sunny side of life
It will help us ev'ry day, it will brighten all the way
If we'll keep on the sunny side of life

The storm and its fury broke today,
Crushing hopes that we cherish so dear;
Clouds and storms will, in time, pass away
The sun again will shine bright and clear.
Let us greet with the song of hope each day
Tho' the moment be cloudy or fair
Let us trust in our Saviour away
Who keepeth everyone in His care